Friday, February 14, 2014

More of Carol and me!

Another couple of blocks from Carol plus my Nursery Rhymes quilt. I am glad that I have finished Raconteur as I am simply falling in love with Carol's fabrics and colours. Were it not that there really is a limit to one's obsessiveness I might have considered redoing my blocks. 
C36 Starburst

C36 Starburst
C37 Stolen Threads
C37 Stolen Threads

Actually I don't know if I told you this before but there was a time I did consider redoing the quilt. I had made about 100 and was talking with Margaret from Oak flats who was saying that Raconteur would be the perfect quilt for Civil War reproduction fabrics. I had to agree with her and went home and did no more for a few weeks while I seriously considered if it was worth redoing those blocks. Thankfully I came to my senses and continued with my scrappy version. 

 I have since attempted to make a couple of other quilts using civil War reproductions and although the fabrics are gorgeous the final result leaves me totally unimpressed. I suspect it suffers from the same difficulty that Nursery Rhymes is suffering ..too much restriction. I do a lot better with pick up two fabrics that go together and see what evolves.

1 comment:

Rosa said...

Just fantastic blocks!